[AccessD] detect network

Steve Capistrant scapistrant at symphonyinfo.com
Thu Jun 19 09:24:17 CDT 2003

A lower tech option:

Make sure you have a mapped drive to your network with the central database.
Let's say it is drive "Z".  Should be a consistent mapping letter for all
users.
Then in your startup form, perform a test to see if you can open a file (any
file) in the target folder.  If it generates an error, you can assume that
you are not on the network.  Either way, you write code to handle the
situation (on or off network).

<code>
'Verify: File must exist
strFullPath = "Z:\xxx\xxx"
If Dir(strFullPath) = "" Then
    MsgBox "You are not connected to the network.", vbOKOnly, "Networking
Status"
    'Code here to work with remote copy of data
else
    MsgBox "You are connected to the network.", vbOKOnly, "Networking
Status"
    'Code here to remind user to synchronize if they haven't already
End If

<end code>

Steve Capistrant
Symphony Information Services