[AccessD] Access 2003 Beta

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Mon Jun 23 15:33:54 CDT 2003

  I had none but only installed the Office Beta refresh section not
FrontPage etc.Although this new single Office refresh install also adds
Publisher and InfoPath. I saw some complaints about FrontPage causing
crashes if it asked for an Activation Key, solution was to remove and do
total reinstall of entire beta. Refresh shouldn't ask for activation key.
  I see they have changed the deactivation date to Jan 31 2004 from Nov
30th 2003

 I just noticed that to deploy Access 2003 Runtimes, you may need to
have Visual Studio Net 2003
and thus have IIS installed so you would need WinXP Pro. It appears to
deploy in .MSI file format.
The Property Scanner Add-In looks interesting to find object name
occurances.

Visual Studio .NET and Office Development
http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/office/
download  the visual studio tools for Office Beta

Access 2003 Developer Extensions Overview

http://www.microsoft.com/office/preview/editions/accessdav.asp

Package Wizard
Access 2003 Developer Extensions include the Package Wizard that helps
developers create professional setup routines for Access solutions. The
wizard will automatically include the Access runtime files, if selected,
along with the Access solution files that make up the solution.

The resulting setup uses the Microsoft Windows®-standard Windows
Installer (MSI) for the installation routine and will automatically
create shortcuts for the solution that use the appropriate Access EXE in
cases where two different versions of Access are installed.