[AccessD] MSN 6.0

Francisco Tapia my.lists at verizon.net
Tue Jun 24 02:24:46 CDT 2003

here's a con you might want to swallow, it currently takes an average of
about 10-12 megs just to have MSN messenger 5.0 running on your Windows 2K
box.  Upgrading to MSN Messenger 6.0 you will now spend 40-42 megs of
availalbe ram on chatting over the net.  I tried it and found that besides a
few neat icons, I really don't care much for the flashy backgrounds, tho I
like that you can have your own pic on there (even w/o the webcam).

but at 40megs just to run, I found myself going back to MSN 5 because of it.
I don't have a weak system by far, I have 1GB of DDR ram on my pc running
win2k. but I also develop on SqlServer right here on this box so I like to
keep the memory clean, that w/ a front end of Access, and a vb session going
for tests and other things I normally have well over 20 items open bringing
my available ram down to something about 200-400 megs in general.  so I say
no thank you MS, I'll pass on the bloat for today.

-Francisco
http://rcm.netfirms.com/

On Monday, June 23, 2003 9:37 PM [GMT -8],