[AccessD] Update query syntax

Steve Grant steve.grant at STGSolutions.com
Wed Jun 25 12:59:27 CDT 2003

Kathryn,

To do what you want to do, the easiest is to:
1) Add a column (field to you query) like this
Test: IIf(InStr([[attend],"35=2")>0,"Exist","NotExist")

2) In the criteria of the Test field put ="Exist"

This should limit your query to records that contain "35=2" in the attend field.

Another way (faster) is to use the LIKE command.
1) In the criteria section of your "attend" field put: LIKE *35=2*

Hope this helps a little.

Steve

-----Message d'origine-----
De : accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com [mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] De la part de Kathryn Bassett
Envoyé : 25 juin, 2003 13:11
À : accessd at databaseadvisors.com
Objet : RE: [AccessD] Update query syntax

I tried a copy/paste of yours, but it didn't work, saying the were too many closing parameters. Since there were quotes around the true and false with the builder, I copy/pasted
"<truepart>","<falsepart>"
over
<truepart>, <falsepart> so that I ended up with:
IIf(InStr([Muir63]![attend],"35=2")>0,"<truepart>","<falsepart>")
Now it doesn't give me any errors, but it also says I will now update zero rows - which I know is wrong as there are a bunch with 35=2 - now what?

Kathryn