[AccessD] OT Win XP Pro

Erwin Craps Erwin.Craps at ithelps.be
Thu Jun 26 01:26:07 CDT 2003

Euh, I dont see wanna you wanna delete all your data for a simple crash. Or
do you really mean XP = trash?

XP pro is not better than W2K but it has more functionality (faster booting
alone is woth the effort).

Enfin.
You don't need a boot disk with fdisk on it.

Just boot from the WXP or W2K CD. But i believe you need to push a key when
he asks if you wanna boot from your cd.

When installing you can choose and change/delete the disk patitions.
WARNING: Deleting a partition will delete all data on it.

If you do not boot from the cd, than you have an old cd drive that is not
bootable.
Then you need to create the install disks from the cd. But you need a
working system for that.

If your computer does not boot from your FDD (the message not system disk
does mean you do not inserted a bootable disk)
Or your FDD is damaged/filty.
I have this more and more because FDD are never used they get so filty
inside they will no longer work...

If you have a non bootable Cd drive and a faulty FDD, than you really have
bad luck.

You need to change or add a FDD/CD drive.

Erwin