[AccessD] OT: TS and Automation

Henry Simpson hsimpson88 at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 26 12:40:14 CDT 2003

I don't really know this outfit's architecture.  They have a file server and
a terminal server, a good number of Win CE terminals at the site plus off
site terminals and three Lexmark laser printers with NICs connected to the
LAN.  There is also a single workstation running Win2k that was idle at the
time as well as two or three Win2k laptops which were doing whatever they
do.  I have no priveleges at this security conscious site so do not have
access to the Pinters in Win Explorer for properites, print queues, control
panel or any other information.  They have had spontaneous Terminal server
reboots when large graphics files were sent to the color laser in high
resolution modes and it has also rebooted once when it was sent a batch of
80 Word documents in a quick loop.  These spontaneous reboots have only
started since they switched to a thin client environment.  The resource
crash was clearly instigated by the multiple Word instances since clearing
them allowed users to continue working for a time.  There is no doubt that
printing has been an issue in recent months.

Hen