[AccessD] Wrap a Field in ""

Bob Gajewski bob at renaissancesiding.com
Mon Jun 30 14:30:26 CDT 2003

Terri

Since you didn't show your code, I'm not sure how you are trying to
accomplish this.

But, the following should work:

NewField = ' " ' & [Field2] & ' " '

If you want literal double quotes, enclose them in single quotes and vice
versa.

Alternatively, you can just leave the original data stored without the
quotes in Field2 and just concatenate the quotations marks on your forms
and reports for display/print purposes; the code would be virtually the
same.

Regards,
Bob Gajewski

On Monday, June 30, 2003 15:14 PM, Terri Jarus
[SMTP:jarus at amerinet-gpo.com] wrote:
> I want to take the information in Field2 and create another field with it
wrapped in quotations marks.

> For example, if the data in Field2 is 12345, I want my new field to
display "12345"

> I am doing this in a query, but just don't know how to get the quotations
properly.  I keep getting something like "[Field2]"

> Any thoughts?
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Terri Jarus
> Director, Contract Support Services
> jarus at amerinet-gpo.com
> 314-542-1902

> intended solely for the use of the individuals or entities to whom they
> are addressed. If you have received this email in error please return
> it to the sender, and erase any copies thereof.
> Copyright 2003 AmeriNet 1nc. << File: ATT00028.htm >>  << File:
ATT00029.txt >>