[AccessD] RE: Deploying a database, Security and Network issues

Wortz, Charles CWortz at tea.state.tx.us
Tue Mar 4 07:25:00 CST 2003

Wayne,

Split first, secure second, move to network third.  The .mdw can be
located on the network or on your hard drive.  Since I deal  with
multiple versions of Access, I always set up a shortcut to each Access
application as such.
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\Msaccess.exe"
 /wrkgrp "C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\ThisAppsSystem.mdw" "full
path to ThisApp"

Notice in the above that the version of Access is first specified, then
the .mdw to use in trying to open the app, and finally the app itself.
If you only have one version of Access, then you do not need the first
part.

If you have any other questions about securing your Access app, please
come on back to the list and we will try to answer them.

Charles Wortz
Software Development Division
Texas Education Agency
1701 N. Congress Ave