[AccessD] Editing Records

Swisher, Timothy B. tswisher at GFNET.com
Wed Mar 5 07:07:01 CST 2003

Hello group, I have a procedure (A2k) that opens a recordset (DAO) and
cycles through the data validating/updating several fields for each record.
My question is, what is the best way to do this,

Like this

.edit
If validation1 = false then
	change data
End if

If validation2 = false then
	change data
End if
.update

Or

If validation1 = false then
	.edit
	change data
	.update
End if

If validation2 = false then
	.edit
	change data
	.update
End if

I have about 13 validations that need to be done on about 90,000 records.
Each validation goes to a SQL Server BE and check the validity of the data.
There is a huge difference in speed opening and closing the recordset so
many times, but if that is the better way to go, then so be it.  All help is
appreciated.  TIA.

Tim