[AccessD] Acc2000 wont open after repair

lyle.hannum at co.wake.nc.us lyle.hannum at co.wake.nc.us
Mon Mar 17 08:46:01 CST 2003

Hi all

When I got to the office this morning and attempted to open a Access 2000
mdb that lives on our network, a msg poped up that the db was corrupted and
would I like to repair. I selected yes, and it seemed to repair itself.
However, now when I try to open it, nothing happens. No errors, no nothing.
Almost as if it was not there, however Acc97 will try to open it (giving an
error msg of unrecognizable format), it can be renamed, and copied
successfully (but still not opened) to my local drive (showing file size of
8mb). I have the same symptoms if I try to import its objects into a new
db. Access seems to open all other db's just fine. Shift-open has no
effect. Any ideas? TIA

Lyle Hannum