[AccessD] OT - Missing Word Menu Bar

Henry Simpson hsimpson88 at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 19 10:22:01 CST 2003

I recently followed a thread with a similar topic a few weeks ago and made a
comment about stability of Word docs and keeping templates simple.
Curiously, in the past week or so, after I had deleted all the postings on
the thread, one of my clients had a user report the problem.  I tried to
find the thread in Drew's archive but it was inaccessible and yesterday I
managed to get account information and log in as the user by dial up to
Terminal Server session.

No menu bar was present in Word yet Alt-F dropped the file menu.  The user
had the taskbar at the top of the screen and I thought this might have
covered something.
After I went in to edit the toolbars and when I dragged Word by its title
bar, the menu bar appeared as a toolbox that I dragged into the correct
position.  I don't know how or why, the the file menu was in or under Word's
title bar.  Sometimes you just have to get on a machine and horse around to
find a solution.

Hen