[AccessD] Drag and drop files and Emails on form for archive purpose.

Erwin Craps Erwin.Craps at ithelps.be
Sat Mar 22 04:11:00 CST 2003

Hi

I already have a archive system for archiving outgooing emails and word
doucments from an access database.
But I need some archiving for Incoming correspondence to.

I believe the only way to achief this is to have a sort of drag and drop
function.
The user should be able to drag a document from the explorer or from inside
an email but also an e-mail itself to a form in access where a specific
customer is already selected.
This when dropping the object o this customer, access will save the object
(file/email) in the same format (.DOC, .XLS, .MSG) and creating a customer
related record with the filename into the archive table.

What I'm basicly asking for is some easy or advanced code to see how the
drag and drop works between Outlook/Explorer and Access and how I need to
save the object to disk in its original format (.DOC, .MSG, .XLS, etc...).

The document archiving system I already have, but I never used a drag and
drop functionality...

Thx

Erwin.