[AccessD] Report/Sub report question. SOLVED!

Bobby Heid bheid at appdevgrp.com
Thu Mar 27 07:28:43 CST 2003

Hi Jim,

I really appreciated you looking at this with me.  I got busy on the phone
the other day and could not reply.

One issue I had was that I actually had a many to many relationship.  That
is each contract on the main form had several records to it.  So I ended up
making another sub report for the "top" tier.

After I did that, it still would not run properly for all scenarios.  So I
just started changing everything I could to see if something would work.  On
the main form, I had 2 groupings.  The 1st grouping was by project, both
header and footer was visible.  The 2nd grouping had neither visible.  I
deleted both groupings and the report ran!

So I restored and determined that the project grouping was the problem.  But
I needed that grouping.  So I deleted the header and the report ran again.
So I restored again and removed the one label and one bound field from that
section and the report ran.  I then recreated the two fields in that section
and the report ran.

So the issue seems to have been some sort of corruption or something in the
project header of the main report.  So the problem is not always what it
seems.  LOL.

I posted all of the details in the hope that this may help someone in the
future.

Thanks again Jim.

Bobby