[AccessD] Access and Crystal Reports

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at smsconsulting.spb.ru
Thu Mar 6 13:19:00 CST 2003

> Why pay extra for Crystal Reports?
Sorry for my jumping in, Charles,

I used to use Crystal Reports(CR) to build advanced reports with C++ last
spring - and I'd say that CR can give 1000 points allowance to MS Access
reports' designer and still win nevertheless this big handicap...
On first glance CR looks for a MS Access developer like a very sprawl and
not as intuitional as MS Access report designer tool but when one gets the
rules of report generation used by CR they understand that CR allows to
create reports, which can't be created in MS Access - and I think that all
of MS Access types of reports can be created by using CR...

And of course CR reports created to view in MS Access can be (re-)used in
VB, C++, DELPHI, on the Web etc.etc....

Shamil