[AccessD] Searching M$'s KB

Arthur Fuller artful at rogers.com
Thu Mar 6 16:28:00 CST 2003

It's a first-ditch effort :-)

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-admin at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-admin at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Susan Harkins
Sent: March 6, 2003 10:13 AM
To: accessd at databaseadvisors.com
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Searching M$'s KB

I know that at times I have told listers that the answer is in M$'s KB
without giving an article number.  Sorry about that, but now you have no
excuse for not looking it up yourself before asking the list.

==============I always come to the list when I find myself stuck. It's the
first place I try. Not the KB, not the wide, wide, world of the web. Why?
Because if there's an answer to be had, it is probably here. In fact,
AccessD has been mentioned in two of my book acknowledgements. Why should
anyone waste time spinning their wheels looking for something they might not
find. Even if info is found, trying to apply it to what you're doing can be
as much a problem as finding it! Especially the MK articles, because they're
almost always out of date!

That just isn't very efficient. In our business, time is just as important
as accuracy.

No one on this list should waste precious time looking up what someone here
already knows. It doesn't make sense. This list is not a last ditch effort
-- "I've looked everywhere else..."

Susan H.