[AccessD] Editing Records

Susan Harkins harkins at iglou.com
Sat Mar 8 12:46:02 CST 2003

I'd like to just add one point here -- and it's the user's perspective.
Unless you're dealing with more advanced users, a form with hidden, locked,
disabled controls almost always seems to lead to confusion. You can explain
why, but they won't like it. It's not a right or wrong, but something worth
considering. For instance, once had a subscription database that showed
different subforms, depending on the reason the form was opened -- one user
loved it, the other hated it because she always "thought" something was
wrong -- "why can't I enter blah, blah, blah right now too?" Now, you can't
design everything around users, but you do want to consider them too.

Susan H.

> I'm also for using one form and I have to ask why not let your form 's
edit mode flag determine what displays and what doesn't?  True there will be
fields that edit does not pertain to but how many can it be?  If it's a lot
than using multiple forms might make sense but I've not seen that (up to
this point that is).