[AccessD] Installer wizard

Bryan Carbonnell carbonnb at sympatico.ca
Sat Mar 8 14:51:00 CST 2003

On 8 Mar 2003 at 10:05, Scott Gage wrote:

> I have built an application in Access and want to burn
> it to a CD to give to my customer. Dose anyone know of
> an affordable Installation wizard that will create a
> folder at a default path  and ask where the customer
> where he/she would like to install with a browse
> button? I'd like to give them the option to create a
> desktop shortcut or go to a web site for more options
> and things like that.

Scott,

Are you distributing a runtime of just an mdb/mde?

If it is just the mdb/mdethe NSIS will do everything that you are
looking for. You can get it from http://nsis.sourceforge.net

If you are distributing a runtime, then NSIS won't work for you.

I have used it for quite a while. I have distributed mde's (no
runtime) and VB apps with it and have had no problems.

Bryan Carbonnell - carbonnb at sympatico.ca
A picture is worth a thousand words, but it uses up a thousand
times the memory.