[AccessD] Access and Crystal Reports

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at smsconsulting.spb.ru
Mon Mar 10 07:30:01 CST 2003

> Here we have an extremely complicated personal tax system, literally
> uncomprehensible for even educated people. Would your system be able
> to be accommodate that?
Gustav,

I think Russian payroll/tax system is one of the most complicated in the
World (e.g. I've heard that SAP can't be adapted well to automatically
process all the business rules of payroll/tax/HRM systems in Russia).
I think this system can be accomodated to that of your country without
changes in its datamodel(it's not relational - it's network CODASYL
datamodel)/framework but it will very probably need additional programming,
and of course all reports have to be redone but as far as I know the reports
in this system's framework are generated based on MS Access databases - so
if you'll have your report data in MS Access then this system reporting
framework should be possible to tune without big troubles...

And this ISN'T my system - this is a system of my colleagues. And today is a
non-wroking day here (first day of the longest Russian Orthodox Church
fasting  - 40 days - :0 - just kidding - in fact we've a non working day
because 8 of March is an International Women Day here - and it is
non-working day every year - so they gave additional non-working day on
Monday)

Because of non-working day today I will know about details only tomorrow
after the talks with my colleague...

Shamil