[AccessD] Crosstab Querry with parameter on Form (A97)

Steve Grant steve.grant at stgsolutions.com
Mon Mar 10 07:40:01 CST 2003

Access 97

Hi all,

I am running into a problem that eludes me.

I have a query that uses a form to get it's parameters.
This is what's in the criteria section of the query.
Between [forms].[frm_Param]![txt_StartInvoiceDate] And
[forms]![frm_Param].[txt_EndInvoiceDate]

When I run that query, everything works fine, i.e. the correct records are
displayed.

But, when I use that query in a crosstab query, I get the following error
msg:
"The Microsoft Jet Database engine does not recognise
[forms].[frm_Param]![txt_StartInvoiceDate]
as a valid field or expression."

The crosstab query works fine if I use dates instead of a reference to a
field on a form. So if I put:
Between #01/01/2003# And #01/31/2003# in the non crosstab query, the
crosstab query works fine.

I tried putting the criteria directly in the crosstab query and I get the
same error msg.

Anyone as an idea why this is hapening?

Thanks,

Steve