[AccessD] compatability between Windows XP and older versions of office products.

Bryan Carbonnell Bryan_Carbonnell at cbc.ca
Mon Mar 10 10:57:00 CST 2003

Susan,

I have been running XP Pro with Office 2000 at home, almost since the day XP was released with no problems.

I have Office 97 and Office 2000 installed and have yet to run across any problems.

I'd be interested to heard of any issues that you run across as well.

I'll also offer to check out a few documents for you, if you want, that were created in O97 under W95 to allay any fears or concerns.

Bryan Carbonnell
bryan_carbonnell at cbc.ca

>>> Susan.Klos at fldoe.org 10-Mar-03 11:45:13 AM >>>
We are in the process of purchasing new computers at the office.  The
Department policy is new machines are installed with WindowsXP.  Some folks
have heard that Office 2000 running on WindowsXP has issues with opening
documents which were created with Office 97 running on Windows 95.  Anyone
know anything about this problem?  Also, regarding backwards compatability.
Is there a problem with any of the products except Access with that?