[AccessD] normalization question

Mwp.Reid at Queens-Belfast.AC.UK Mwp.Reid at Queens-Belfast.AC.UK
Mon Mar 10 14:45:01 CST 2003

As Charles says

As you work over the data you begin to vreate tables etc. As you draw up the
diagrams you begin to work out relationships. If I know a relationship I put
the FKs in. As you repeat the prcess breaking down the data and creating
relationships you add the FKs.

If your using case tools you must add the FKs in oreder to get the software to
create the relationships/

If you are using normilisation the FKs are created as you carry out each NF.

But again its a discovery process and I would place the FKs in each entity as
required as I go rather than have to go back to perhpas 200 tables and do it
then.

Martin