[AccessD] Painted into a corner

John Clark John.Clark at niagaracounty.com
Tue Mar 11 15:38:00 CST 2003

Actually, No, you did not make this complex...I think I actually
understand everything that you are saying. I am attempting to try this
now, but I think I am going to surrender for the evening. I am getting
some interesting results, but I am tired and need a break. When I say
interesting, I actually mean that they are promising. I'll pick it up
again at 7:30AM tomorrow!

So far, I am using:

SELECT Findings, Count
FROM qryFindingsCntByPeriod
UNION SELECT txtResultSpec, Count
FROM qryCountsOne
UNION SELECT txtResult, Count
FROM qryCountsTwo;

Thank you very much for your help!

Good Night!

John W Clark

>>> DWUTKA at marlow.com 03/11/03 02:19PM >>>
John, just use a Union query.  A union query in Access must be written
in
SQL, but it's pretty simple.

Let's say you had this table:

tblClients:
FirstName
LastName

and this table:

tblPersonnel:
FirstName
LastName

Now, let's say we had this data:

tblClients:
FirstName    LastName
Bob		Smith
George	Blue
Harry		Jones

tblPersonnel:
FirstName 	LastName
John		Jacobs
Greg		Myst
Anna		Grant

Okay, now you want a query to show both your clients and your personnel
in
the same fields.

To show just the clients, this SQL would work:

Select FirstName, LastName