[AccessD] Word Automation

Bryan Carbonnell carbonnb at sympatico.ca
Tue Mar 11 16:35:01 CST 2003

On 11 Mar 2003 at 14:41, Brett Barabash wrote:

> I've seen this discussed before on this list, and wondered why people
> are rolling their own mail merge routines?  Personally, I find
> bookmarks cumbersome to work with and mail merge has always worked
> well for me with minimal effort.

I don't like Word's Mail Merge feature because I don't feel I have
the control I want, which I feel that I have with the bookmark
merge.

I also haven't figured out how to do a 1-M merge into Word yet
(such as a sales invoice 1 customer record with many items
purchased). I think it has something to do with a catalog merge, but
I'm not sure.

That's why I use automation for my merges.

Bryan Carbonnell - carbonnb at sympatico.ca
Normal people worry me.