[AccessD] Painted into a corner

John Clark John.Clark at niagaracounty.com
Wed Mar 12 13:31:01 CST 2003

Actually, I typed "[Forms]![PrintMenu]![txtStartDate]" and
"[Forms]![PrintMenu]![txtEndDate]" into the "Query Parameters" box (two
separate entries, of course), and I indicated that they were of the
"Date/Time" type, and Voila! It worked. I now have a crosstab query that
looks like:

txtResult	Total Of txtControlNum	ADC	HR	MA	MA
ONLY	NPA FS
CASES W/NO ERRORS FOUND	102	28	27	23	24
DENIED / WITHDRAWN		104	24	27	26	27
GRANT REDUCTION		102	27	25	24	26

I was thinking, "How great! Now I can pump this into the report, and be
finished w/it!" But, Nooooooo! I didn't forsee that I couldn't just use
this as a datasource for a report. Am I missing something here?! Can't
you use a crosstab query for a report? I know this can't be right, and
therefore I am having a stupidity moment...to bad it seems to be lasting
longer than you're average "fleeting moment!"

John

>>> CWortz at tea.state.tx.us 03/11/03 04:15PM >>>
John,

The Jet engine does not know about Access forms.  You need to assign
'[Forms]![PrintMenu]![txtStartDate]' to a variable and use the
variable
in the SQL.

Charles Wortz
Software Development Division