[AccessD] Opening Outlook if closed code not working

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Thu Mar 13 16:14:04 CST 2003

> The problem with shelling out to a program is that control doesn't pass back
> to the calling program until the shelled out program closes.

Quite the opposite, the Shell() function is asynchronous.  It rdoes NOT wait for the
shelled application to finish. That's why you hvae to jump through rings at times to
prevent the rest of your code running too soon.

One of my wishes is for a synchronour Shell in VB/VBA

--
Lexacorp Ltd
http://www.lexacorp.com.pg