[AccessD] OT Voice activated applications...hardware

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Thu Mar 13 20:15:00 CST 2003

Try this Access SoapService download
http://www.planet-source-code.com/vb/scripts/ShowCode.asp?txtCodeId=26157&lngWId=1

Access 97 mdb methods to call various Soap Web Services such as Talking
Clock, Text to Speech (returns .wav file so MS XVoice.dll not required)
make your error messages verbal, Airline Plane location while plane in
the air, Text language translation English to Spanish etc., California
Highway conditions, Worldwide SMS phone messages, Soap to Email, Stock
Exchange quotes etc.

The PocketSoap version 0.9 download may no longer be available so you
would need to rewrite
to 1.4 version or use MS Soap toolkit. Guess I should rewrite haven't
touiched this in two years.
There is one form in mdb that uses text to speech agent only;so try
that, should run removing soap references. It also creates a .wav file.
Maybe I should rewrite. Further explanation in download text files.

http://www.microsoft.com/msagent/downloads.htm#tts
 1 Download the Microsoft SAPI 4.0a runtime binaries (824 KB exe)
 2 Download Text-to-speech engines  English or German etc
 3 Download the Microsoft Agent core components (395 KB exe)  not needed
for XP 2000 or Me
 4 there is a download for limited speech recognition haven't tried.

http://www.pocketsoap.com