[AccessD] Normalisation

Roz Clarke roz.clarke at donnslaw.co.uk
Mon Mar 17 04:34:01 CST 2003

Martin

Yes people can make multiple claims over time. The claim can be one of 2
types (different policy types). Each claim is likely to have multiple calls
but these are already logged in a generic call log database (the databases
are interconnected through the user interface). All I'm interested in at the
moment is the info describing the claim.

The call centre will not be taking calls directly from the client, but from
the local branch of their insurance company (we handle claims registering
for a number of different insurers). Therefore there should only be one set
of details per accident, as any passengers claiming will be claiming against
the policyholder's insurance - and the claim will generally have passed out
of our hands before anything like that gets processed anyway.

Because of the way they work, if there were to be more than one claim per
accident, they'd want the accident details duplicating anyway.

Clear as mud?!

Roz

PS did I mention I have to have this built by tomorrow?