[AccessD] Alpha Five A prototyping tool to rival Access

William Hindman wdhindman at bellsouth.net
Mon Mar 17 07:24:01 CST 2003

...the only Access "replacement" I'd even spend time evaluating would have to be free/low cost, OpenSource, and Linux based, have a heck of a lot more power than a "scripting" language, strong import/export data abilities, and good merge integration with the OpenOffice or StarOffice word processors ...otherwise Access is far too strongly embedded in the real world to make it cost effective to even consider moving clients to :(

...just my two cents :)

William Hindman
"And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." John F. Kennedy, 1961