[AccessD] Alpha Five A prototyping tool to rival Access

Arthur Fuller artful at rogers.com
Mon Mar 17 07:56:00 CST 2003

Let's face it. Access is so good that we all use it, and most of us are
seasoned developers who have looked at lots of potential replacements and
found them wanting. For my money, the only realistic Access replacement
would have to offer significant benefits beyond everything Access can do;
else why switch? Now, as JC is discovering, there are some _way_ kewl
reasons to choose VB.Net. The dev-time is still longer but in exchange you
get a lot of new functionality.

What I would like to find is an Access replacement that runs on Linux! Does
everything Access does, and maybe more (Linux-specific things). Otherwise
for RAD I'm sticking to Access, and for SBSRAD (slower but still RAD) it's
.net.

My $.02,
Arthur