[AccessD] RE:Virus attack

Ron Allen chizotz at charter.net
Wed Mar 19 11:34:01 CST 2003

WH> ...Warning! ...the Small Business Server list is reporting some instances of
WH> failed server/client reboots and trashed drives after applying the MS WinDav
WH> patch :((((

WH> ...if you're not running IIS, you might want to hold off on applying the
WH> patch until MS gets it right :(((

Hello William,

I would like more information on this. I have lost two machines,
totally unbootable, in the past week or so. One was my development
machine running WindowsXP and the desktop edition of IIS was, I'm
almost certain, running too. The other machine was a Windows ME backup
box, though, and I don't think it had even the desktop version of IIS
running but I'm not certain of that. Would this problem affect
machines under those circumstances do you know? I can't find anything
about this on the MS site (yet).

Please contact me off-list if you feel this is too far off-topic.
chizotz at charter.net

Thanks for any further information,

Ron