[AccessD] OT Please Sort

John W. Colby jcolby at ColbyConsulting.com
Thu Mar 20 08:35:01 CST 2003

This is as it's supposed to be.  Why doesn't the poster subscribe?

I saw a bunch of these from William using a hotmail address.  Since it
appears that his regular address is sorted I just denied them assuming that
he would repost from his normal address is which does belong to the list.

Understand that with the old software there was no "will be approved".  It
either went, or it didn't.  With this software, if the post doesn't go, a
message is sent saying it is being held and the reason why.  This is
generating a LOT of extra work for moderators since they now have to go in
and look at each message and make a decision.  I am going to be one of those
making this decision and I plan to simply disapprove under 99% of the cases.
Unless there is a very good reason to approve.

One I did approve was an over length message that was a single long response
to a message to the OT list posted by Rocky.  Most of the rest were messages
that were too long because they weren't clipped, i.e. the whole damned
thread was included in the message and it was too long.  The message
returned to the sender says it's too long.  The sender can clip it and
resend.

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting