[AccessD] Access XP Developer and replication manager

David Emerson davide at dalyn.co.nz
Thu Mar 20 18:08:00 CST 2003

I have been involved with A97 replication for a number of years.  While
definitely not an expert, I have tried a number of methods.  In all cases I
distributed a runtime version of Access.  I found that internet
synchronization was a disaster because of lack of security on the server
(it needed anonymous user access which meant that anyone could get in - and
did!).

Now I use dial up connections and indirect synchronization.  I distribute
replication manager as part of the installation and once it is configured
on the users machines they are (mostly) able to follow the simple
synchronization process using it.

I am not sure about XP but would be pretty certain that it would be
distributable as well.

David Emerson
Dalyn Software Ltd
New Zealand