[AccessD] Tech books ...

Wortz, Charles CWortz at tea.state.tx.us
Fri Mar 21 09:05:00 CST 2003

Arthur,

<lecture>
The economics of book publishing do not allow for such specialized books
as you envision.  You have noticed that several computer-oriented book
publishers such as Wrox have ceased publishing lately, haven't you?
Such specialized topics usually have to be done as white papers for
which the authors receive no compensation.  You may also have noticed
that most white papers are sponsored by organizations that employ the
authors.

There are few authors that can afford to give away the fruit of their
labors.  I doubt that Susan is willing to live in poverty so you can
freely benefit from her knowledge. <grin>

Thus the advantage of lists such as AccessD, there are many on this list
willing to freely share some of their knowledge.  However, the price you
pay for this free knowledge is that it is not organized, you have to
work to put all the pieces together. <grin>
</lecture>

Have a nice day and a nice weekend!

Charles Wortz
Software Development Division