[AccessD] Access 2003 - How to Disable Macro Enable Check on opening MDB

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Mon Mar 24 10:10:53 CST 2003

When you open an MDB in Access 2003,epecially with a 97 conversion,  I
get  an enable disable macros check. The MDB has no macros, yet it still
occurs.

This seems to like the old Word macro check to stop viruses. If you
click disable you get a "cannot open" due to security settings and
digital certicates not being verified for that mdb. If you click enable
you get in. The "More Info" button gives no info. This is a pain, if you
have to use an autoexec macro.

The Access help file gives a long rigamarole description of
reinstalling  and resetting registry keys
to disable this macro check for Office . I am not keen on doing this as
MS says you only have 5 installs for the Beta 2 and 10 installs if you
use a Corporate Activation key.

Anyone encountered a workaround for this.