[AccessD] Rate for first time

Susan Harkins harkins at iglou.com
Thu Mar 27 11:44:15 CST 2003

http://www.databaseadvisors.com/newsletters/0107consultantcorner.htm

Since this is your first project, you might consider asking someone here to help advise you -- in a mentor capacity or to actually work along beside you in the entire process until you get the hang of it. Just a thought -- especially if you're a tad worried about it.

A consultant is an independent contractor.

Susan H.

  I know this has been asked a zillion times....

  What is a fair hourly rate for developers? I have been asked to do my first outside developing for a company. Since this is my first time, is 10.00 hour too low?

  They are wanting it set up as a consultant, is that different than an independent contractor? I am not sure what the difference would be tax wise? Any suggestions?

  Virginia