[AccessD] Code to get a directory name via navigation

MastercafeCTV mastercafe at ctv.es
Sat Mar 29 10:18:51 CST 2003

We don't know any control for this, but we use Common Dialog control to take
a file, then InstrRev from the file that they select using the \(slash
position) right in the Filename indicate.

See the code
Function RetrieveDirName(InitialDir as string) as string
Screen.PreviousControl.SetFocus
CtrlCmmDialog.DialogTitle = "Select a file"
CtrlCmmDialog.Filter = "Al file types (*.*)|*.*"
CtrlCmmDialog.DefaultExt = ".*"
CtrlCmmDialog.Filename = ""
CtrlCmmDialog.InitDir = InitialDir
CtrlCmmDialog.ShowOpen
If CtrlCmmDialog.Filename <> "" Then
    RetrieveDirName = Left(CtrlCmmDialog.Filename,
InStrRev(CtrlCmmDialog.Filename, "\") - 1)
	else
	retrieveDiaName="NULL"
End If
Exit Function
End Function

Sometimes we use the FileSearch control if know the name of the file that
need its DirName

Regards

Juan Menendez
Mastercafe SL