[AccessD] SQL vs DAO -- rattling cages

Mwp.Reid at Queens-Belfast.AC.UK Mwp.Reid at Queens-Belfast.AC.UK
Mon Mar 31 11:53:07 CST 2003

Step one is to define how bloat is caused. Dont think DAO or SQL figure there.
How would the choice here bloat the database as a direct result of your choice?

Different tools for different jobs

DAO which is the default with Access 11 which indicates that even MS recogise
thats it the better language for MDBs. SQL within an MDB yes.

ADO when working on SQL Server via ADPs and the web

SQL. Nope. When working with SQL Server on the web for instance its SPs all
the way. Indirect SQL of course but inside the code. No.

Martin