[AccessD] RE: [dba-SQLServer]Changing apostrophes in string

David Emerson davide at dalyn.co.nz
Tue May 20 20:40:11 CDT 2003

I know it has been a long time but I finally managed to get around to
fixing this part of my program.  I have a couple of refinements that I have
shown below.  One is that if the apostrophe is at the end of the text then
it would not have been picked up (needed to change the comparison to
<=).  Second was that if there was more than 1 apostrophe then because the
ChkText was getting longer with the extra apostrophes it might not have
checked to the end so I deleted the lbLength variable and checked against
the new length each loop.  Here is my amended code.

Public Function basFixSingleQuote(strChkText As String) As String

     Dim intPosition As Integer

     intPosition = InStr(1, strChkText, "'")

     Do While intPosition > 0 And intPosition <= Len(strChkText)
         strChkText = Left(strChkText, intPosition) & Mid(strChkText,
intPosition)
         intPosition = InStr(intPosition + 2, strChkText, "'")
     Loop

     basFixSingleQuote = strChkText

End Function

Regards