Betreft: RE: [AccessD] Simple Event question, I guess

marcel.vreuls at achmea.nl marcel.vreuls at achmea.nl
Tue May 27 08:13:35 CDT 2003

Hi Charles,

The problem is the following. When putting the validation code in the
beforeupdate event it is being validated. The problem is that on field
level the required propery is TRUE and I get also that message if users do
not fill in that field. And it is one ugly message. So I have to validate
if there is a value in that field before going to another field or form.
The problem is that I do not know when they are going to this field, the
user can start somewhere else.

My guess is that there are two solutions. One is filling in a default value
in this field or removing the required property. Both solutions are not the
most beautifull but they seem to work.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Marcel Vreuls