Bruce Bruen's email Client Was: RE: [AccessD]OT:^%$&^%(*&)(*&)%$&#$^%$@

Bruce Bruen bbruen at bigpond.com
Sat May 3 08:08:12 CDT 2003

Wish that it did....

It was just one thing I tried in order to get around it - without joy.

I am currently, amongst other things, "learning" "Outlook VBA" (oh OK
the outlook object models ;->).  As I have email security on "high" it
wouldn't let me run vba code unless it was from a trusted source - so I
got a verisign cert and trusted myself - I thought - ...

Seems that importing, accepting and registering the cert changed half a
dozen email settings, including send everything as plaintext.  Hohum...

While I am at it, I thought I could set a mail format for a contact that
would over-ride the default setting.  I cant find this option anymore in
Outlook XP - does anyone know where it is?

As far as our joint problem with the damn "a program is trying to do
something really useful, are you really sure that is a good idea" popup,
it looks like its insurmountable in XP and worse in Office 2003.  The
consensus is to not use the Outlook object model, i.e. MAPI or CDO, as a
base for sending mail.

M$ stupidity has even gone as far as RECOMMENDING that programmers use
3rd party means of getting around this.  AFA I'm concerned this is not
unlike leaving a note on your front door..."Dear Mr Thief,  There is a
really fierce gekko behind this door, but if you really want to break in
you can borrow the key from the neighbours".

And I gave up a promising career in biochemistry for this!

Bruce