[AccessD] OT:Turning off Internet Access in Win2000

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Tue May 6 16:43:52 CDT 2003

On 6 May 2003 at 15:40, Julie Reardon-Taylor wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm pulling my hair out trying to find a way to turn off Internet
> access to our manufacturing personnel as requested by management.  So
> far, I've determined that the option must reside in the local security
> settings on the individual machines.  Can anyone help me?

What OS and is your network Workgroup or Domain based?
Do you mean by machine or by user?
How are your network addresses assigned (DHCP or fixed)?
Are you using a local Proxy Server?

If you are using fixed addresses, deleting any "Default Gateway"
setting in their TCP/IP should stop the machine from going outside
the local network. That's the simplest way by far.

--
Lexacorp Ltd
http://www.lexacorp.com.pg