[AccessD] Getting Email from Linked Outlook Contacts

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Wed May 7 19:33:43 CDT 2003

I want to set up an automated mailing process in A2K for someone using Oulook 2K.

Simple enough, I thought, I know you can link to Outlook folders so, I will just link to his Contacts, then iterate through
them and pick the email addresses.

Linked to Contacts and went looking  - lo and behold -  no email address fields in the linked Contacts :-(

I know I could use use Docmd.SendObject,,,,"Display Name (E-mail)"..........
but I don't want to send the messages through Outlook/Exchange.
For various reasons, I want to grab the email address and BLAT the message out.

If I export Contacts to an Access database, the fields I want are in the exported table, but when I link to Contacts they
are not :-(

Anyone know how I can get the email address(es) from the Outlook Contacts folder live (ie by linking, not
exporting/importing)?

--
Stuart McLachlan
Lexacorp Ltd