[AccessD] SQL in-line subquery

Thu May 8 09:56:41 CDT 2003

It seems to me that the [Select * from Foo].  syntax allows one to create
queries in Access that use a sub-query as the base table. In other words you
don't need a temporary table or an already saved query. This is something
I've often wished I could do, if only the [ ]. syntax was documented
somewhere.

Which begs the question - just how did this special syntax get discovered?
It always intrigues me when someone pops out of the woods and says "hey look
at this undocumented feature..."

Lambert