[AccessD] Scheduling an mdb to run using AT

Software Design & Solutions Pty Ltd. SDSSoftware at Optusnet.com.au
Fri May 9 01:10:48 CDT 2003

Thanks Stuart - I will try adding that ref to msaccess.
Cheers
Kath
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Stuart McLachlan
  To: Software Design & Solutions Pty Ltd. ; accessd at databaseadvisors.com
  Sent: Friday, May 09, 2003 2:24 PM
  Subject: Re: [AccessD] Scheduling an mdb to run using AT

  On 9 May 2003 at 13:08, Software Design & Solutions P wrote:

  > Have any of you had much experience with scheduling applications to run (ie. mdb files) using the AT command?
  >
  > I am trying to get a job to run overnight for a client using the following syntax:
  >
  > at 14:26 /interactive /Every:M,T,W,Th,F cmd /c D:\Prices\Priceload.bat
  >
  > where the files Priceload.bat contains the following:

  > @ECHO OFF
  > REM Daily Price File Load
  > TITLE GBST PRICE LOAD
  >
  > M:
  > cd \Price
  > echo ENTER PRICE FOLDER
  > ntsleep 2 > nul

  What OS? (I don't recognise NTSLEEP - what is it doing)

  > Call Price.mdb

  > I then get the message 'M:\Price\Price.mdb file not found'.

  It is actually looking for a file called M:\Price\Price.mdb.bat :-(
  CALL  will only run another batch file.

  To open the MDB , you need to actually run Access and give the MDB name as a parameter

  Replace the line - Call Price.mdb
   with -
  "c:\program files\microsoft office\office\msaccess.exe"  Price.mdb

  or whatever the path is to the access application

  > So my question for anyone using AT is: do you have any tips to share? What is the most reliable way you have found to schedule an mdb to run?

  I generally just do a

  AT 05:00 /Every:Mo,Tu,We,Th,Fr  GetPrice

  Then I create a batchfile (GetPrice.cmd) which just contains one line:

  "c:\program files\microsoft office\office\msaccess.exe"  C:\Apps\GetPrice.mdb

  --
  Stuart McLachlan
  Lexacorp Ltd