[AccessD] Visio w/Access Normalization

John Colby jcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Fri May 9 18:43:24 CDT 2003

What a great idea!!!

John W. Colby
www.colbyconsulting.com

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com]On Behalf Of Steve
Capistrant
Sent: Friday, May 09, 2003 5:54 PM
To: accessd at databaseadvisors.com
Subject: RE: [AccessD] Visio w/Access Normalization

I love Visio.  Not so much for the design stage (its faster to mock up in
Access), but to publish the data model to customers.  You can export your
Access data model to Visio really easily and then arrange the tables using
as much real estate as you want.  Then bring your file to Kinko's and have
them print a 2'x3' poster of your data model.  The power users within the
customer's organization are in heaven (assuming you provide them with some
method of being exposed to the data for custom querying and reporting.).

Steve Capistrant
scapistrant at symphonyinfo.com
Phone: 612-333-1311
Symphony Information Services