[AccessD] Replication Manager or Briefcase

John Skolits askolits at ot.com
Mon May 12 11:03:50 CDT 2003

MessageI'm trying to decide which is the best method to handle replication.

This will involve around 7 users.

I have 2 office locations: 1 in Philadelphia and 1 in Cleveland. The are
connected with an Asynchronous line. Therefore the data connection will be
slow. They will eventually switch to a regular T1 line, but not for a few
months.

I have looked at the Replication Manager which looks like a good fit but I
would have to install it on all the PC's and (I believe) have the
synchronizer running on the server where everyone would replicate to. I
would then do indirect synchronization.

Someone said they used the Briefcase to do the synchronizations. With that
method, I would not have to install Replication Manager on all the PC's.

This is not mission critical information so the briefcase looks like a
better solution with much less programming overhead.

Anyone have any insights on this?

John