[AccessD] Replication Manager or Briefcase

John Skolits askolits at ot.com
Tue May 13 07:45:27 CDT 2003

MessageAndrew,

Thanks for getting back to me. I looked at Mike's site (haven't been there
for a while- Gee I wish he had a search tool).

I also posted on the MS newsgroup and Mike responded. Here was his comment:

"Do not use the briefcase. It is less painful to hit your hand with a hammer
than to put yourself through that kind of pain.
MichKa [MS]"

I like the way he is so direct. Anyway, I've been doing a lot of reading
from newsgroup postings and I'm confused about one thing.
I'm getting the impression that I do have to install the Rep Mngr app on
each machine.
I'm thinking that I will want to periodically do indirect Sync to my hub
database but in order to do that, I will need the synchronizer on each PC.

Here is a posting that talks about it. Is this person wrong or do I
misunderstand something.
Go to the following link and select the posting with the topic: "What is the
best way to do this"

http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?NewsGroup=microsoft.pub
lic.access.replication&SLCID=US&ICP=GSS3&sd=GN&id=fh;en-us;newsgroups

John