[AccessD] scheduling

A.D.Tejpal ad_tp at hotmail.com
Tue May 13 13:55:58 CDT 2003

Susan,

    The topic appears interesting. Keeping in view the typical requirements for handling notes/articles/tasks, with facility for setting dates & intervals for reminders (where needed), I have developed an Access .mdb application for my use (finishing touches in progress).

    Whenever this database is opened, a message box will pop up giving a summary as follows -
    (a) Nos of Items already overdue
    (b) Nos of Items due today
    (c) Nos of Items that will become due within next seven days

    The msgbox will appear only if total of (a) to (c) is more than zero. Deselecting a Yes/No field will mean the item will be ignored while generating scheduling alert. Provision has also been made to view on demand the overall position of all items whose scheduling status is active

    In addition, the program should be useful in storing and  retrieval of articles/notes etc apart from printing reports of selected items.Lookup row sources for various combo boxes are self generated based upon progressive accumulation of data.

    I would be glad to send you the database but it is not clear whether attachments are supposed to be sent to the list address. If you like, I could send it to you directly (on hearing from you).

Regards,
A.D.Tejpal