[AccessD] Technical test for developers

Jim Hewson JHewson at karta.com
Tue May 13 15:24:21 CDT 2003

I would be interested in the test also.

-----Original Message-----
From: Roz Clarke [mailto:roz.clarke at donnslaw.co.uk]
Sent: Tuesday, May 13, 2003 10:01 AM
To: accessd at databaseadvisors.com
Subject: [AccessD] Technical test for developers

I've put together a wee test to give people I'm interviewing for a position
as a systems developer later in the week.

Not having done this before, I'd be interested in getting some input from
y'all. This is pitched at people with about 5 years experience, who will be
expected to do a lot of work in Access (but nothing very taxing), some light
(but important) SQL Server dev & admin, a fair amount of Office integration
and ideally will know enough VB to show me a thing or 2.

It should take about half an hour (I think it's probably too long at the
moment). I'm more interested in intelligent & practical thinking than 100%
correct answers (I'll be going through the interviewees' answers with them
at length). If you'd be willing to road test it for me let me know and I'll
mail you the word doc.

TIA

Roz