[AccessD] Access + Pegasus

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Tue May 13 19:11:33 CDT 2003

On 13 May 2003 at 19:16, Arthur Fuller wrote:

> Does Pegasus have an equivalent to the "Sent Items" folder? It's
> important that I keep an audit trail of what was sent, to whom, and
> when.

Yes it does, but it is of course under the control of the user who
can delete items.

However, it is trivial to  set up a "CopyToSelf" filtering rule which
will append a copy of every message  message to a text file
somewhere.

You can then run an Access program perioodically (overnight?) to read
the log file(s), save the messages as indexed records in a database
and then delete the log ready for the next day.

Voila - a searchable database of everything sent by all users.
(and it also keeps the message "on-topic" <g>)

--
Lexacorp Ltd
http://www.lexacorp.com.pg